December 20, 2013
The European Commission believes that the recent proposals made by Google are “not acceptable” just declare this Friday, December 20, 2013 the European Commissioner responsible for the file, Joaquim Almunia.
Google is suspected of not playing the game of competition in the markets for research and online advertising. The Web giant should make proposals to the European Commission. A case was opened in 2011 against Google for obstructing competition. Commissioner for this issue, Joaquim Almunia do hope that Google sent new proposals so that competitors’ offerings appear more in the search engine. In all likelihood, the report will not be completed before the end of the mandate of the Commissioner to take effect in February 2014. Yet Joaquim Almunia who had received Eric Schmidt in December 2012 was rather satisfied with the commitments that were prizes in this interview. He indicated that the differences were substantially reduced. Joaquim Almunia thought establish a mutual agreement with the Web giant. However, recent proposals received by the Commissioner last week are after him “not acceptable” because they will not solve the problem that was highlighted on the restriction of competition.
In an interview with Radio Nacional de España, Mr Almunia said: “The proposals are not able to eliminate our concerns about competition, in particular how Google’s competitors are treated in the field of research vertical, that is to say in terms of comparing products or price, search restaurants, etc … “Mr. Almunia however, does not take any sanctions against Google but it warns. It states: “At the moment the ball is still in the camp of Google, but it will soon return to our camp, and it’s time to make decisions.” Currently, Google does not seem to alter or reconsider its proposals. The group said through a spokesman that he had heard the concerns of the European Commission and they make changes to allay concerns by increasing the visibility of competing services.